Wednesday, August 1, 2012

CRACK THE SHUTTERS OPEN WIDE


Actually I am absolutely not supposed to work on the blog. Today's only mission I am supposed to focus on is finding the last hotel for the Italy trip next week... but I can't resist.

So here we go : Let me introduce; Tigi, my obviously striped tiger cat who did not want to miss the sunrise and the first shafts of sunlight very early this morning. He apparently also did not care about me being on holidays and my love for deep sleep, long naps and sweet dreams. I insist on the detail that Tigi is deaf (since the day he chose to sleep inside the piano...) which means that he cannot control the volume of his miaow. So he did not wake me up by softly purring into my ears.

In the end I did appreciate that he woke me up at the crack of dawn and his deep going miaow was kind of a call to enjoy the beauty of the entire day and that I should not lose any more time dreaming.

Crack the shutters open wide, I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays tangle up around your face and body
I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute
Cuz' the daylight seems to want you just as much as I want you

The view of him sitting behind the curtain was too inviting and I just had to picture his shadow. "Turn your face towards the sun and the shadows fall behind you" is the 2012 version of "always look on the bright side of life". Things we forget ways too often as we think that tomorrow and the day after tomorrow there simply will  be just another sunrise. Even if Tigi is supposed to have 9 lives, he seems to be more aware that his days are counted and silently enjoys today's sunrise as if it were his last.