Monday, January 20, 2014

LIFE IN FRONT OF MY LENS

In the Blogger world you have to make one decision, either at the very beginning or within the first year of your blogging adventure : to be either nonprofit (Greenpeace - and those guys with the Panda - style, (...) or to go commercial.
Obviously, in my case, I do not earn any penny over here. But anyways, I am, and always have been, an amateur photographer, sharing my naif way of seeing this world and not a Blogger. This STP (segment - target - positioning) (waaays toooo much marketing studying going on in this place) has been determined from the very beginning and redefined every time I get one of those either Blogger-ego or Photographer-not enough privacy crises.

Some may have noticed that "LIFE BEHIND MY LENS" can be considered as the wrong expression as behind the lens does not signify what I actually see and picture aka in front of my lens. Still, I consider that, as I illustrate my emotions and feelings towards a picture, you get to know the "behind the scenes" and get lots of insights of what is going on on my mind behind this camera, this name is totally making sens. (And I really should have learned during those marketing studies that my brand's name should not even require to be explained. Fair enough).

For myself, I am used to be behind the lens, taking pictures of the beauty around me. It was very unusual when I found myself on the other side of the camera during the past week. The occasion: a street marketing campaign for my Master's class. The assignment was to promote an anti-wrinkle cream for a fake brand, an avatar of Lancôme, which we named Fantôme, nothing spooky though so have a look at the 2 minuts video via this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LRjTc3eFtY&feature=youtu.be


So far we got 400 views and will be graded on the number of views, so please feel free to knock yourself out and spread the news.

And yes, herewith I am officially using this Blog for "commercial" benefits : to promote our brand and project.



It was my classmate Christine who took the role of Creative Director and who was behind the lens on that day, which was absolutely the right choice because of her amazing talent to capture emotions like these :




Besides the main operation that you can see in the video, there has been going on loads of work in advance. To share a sneak peek into the behind the scenes we have produced this video of our Sunday spent at Cook & Go (double commercial this time ;). I was more than weird and a little heart-breaking to be back in that place where I spent most of my time during the last two years in Paris :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c15N9IMzOAo



After more than two years of discovering the "BEHIND MY LENS" aka my mind, I hope you enjoyed this insight into the life going on "IN FRONT OF MY LENS". As usual "something somewhere went terribly wrong" because usually it's exactly the other way around how you get to see the behind the scenes. But, this comes close to the subject of my previous post where I mentioned that by always looking at everything through the camera, by over-analyzing you tend to miss out some moments, the emotions, to actually live and to be "all in" in your own life. For once a memory I did not capture with my eyes but with all my heart.

To make all this happen, we had to do the don't : dare!
In order to push this commercial post to its limit : please share !