Monday, February 4, 2013

UNDER YOUR SPELL

"I have no special talent, I am only passionately curious!"

It's not a secret anymore that I arrive late on every meeting with friends, though, I do leave home in time. It is not due to the usual girl stuff of getting my hair perfectly straight or the perfect eye make-up (ok, sometimes this can be the reason too) but as in Paris it is raining so much I gave up on straight hair and perfect make-up. The main reason of my tardiness is because I enter every intriguing door I am not supposed to enter and discover amazing courtyards that take my breath away. A few weeks ago I got punished for my curiosity and even found myself locked inside the courtyard of an embassy ...

If I have my camera with me the delay risks to be even more important.
Last spring on my way to the bus station I discovered this place : the "Grande Mosquée de Paris" which is located only a few streets from my place. It definitely took by breath away. Lucky me that this time I did not have any date because I remained there for about 2 entire hours, trying to capture the beauty of it.

Forget about the Champs-Elysées and Montmarte, this place is definitely worth visiting on your next trip to Paris. Well compared to the other ones, you risk to forget that you are in Paris and believe to be in the tales of a Thousand and One Nights.