Monday, January 21, 2013

SO YESTERDAY



"Because tomorrow I'll be gone"
 
When I woke up yesterday morning with 40 degrees C° fever due to a bad cold I can't get rid of, something more frosty was going on outside my window. Snowflakes were dancing in the wind and covering Paris and its rooftops under a thick snow layer. Snow in Paris is like Silvio Berlusconi not having an affair: rare! Snow in the city of love is definitely taking romance in Paris to another level.
 
Everyone was outside. Even a skier has been sighted at Place Vendôme. Except me. For a moment I thought about putting on my ear-muffles and taking the bus and have a tour through the city without taking another cold BUT guess what! in Paris the entire transport system is paralyzed under such weather conditions. So no bus tour for me.

So I contented myself with the view from my window and the weather forecast announcing additional snowfalls for Monday.

When I woke up this morning with a much healthier body temperature, something less funny was going on outside my window. To make a long story short : There was no more snow! Only some white heaps, slowly melting away. That much about "Maxime and her camera getting lost in snowy Paris".

So what did we learn from this ?
Screw the fever, get outside and behave like a kid.  Seize the day aka Carpe Diem. Know the true value of time, snatch, seize and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination; never put of till tomorrow what you can do today.
You only live once. Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, work like you don't need the money and party/kiss/love and live like there is no tomorrow. And if tomorrow does come, do it all over again.
While we're at it; I have to call my grandmother, now.