Sunday, December 9, 2012

VINTAGE


It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

During the previous century there was kind of a decade for everything. When I think about the twenties I think of dancing men wearing braces and a beret, the seventies are linked to the flower power and the eighties always related to a colorful punk era.

My dad always talks about the fifties. That instead of having been born during this decade he would have wished to be in his early twenties during this era. So this picture is for him. I discovered this Fiat Nuova 500 hidden in a northern Parisian corner. Remember I cannot cross this classic without taking a picture and turning nuts out of excitement. This Luigi was standing in front of this incredible house which just like him has already seen many decades.

Taking this picture in grey scale (something I don't do much anymore) is a choice in order to really turn back time. Back to the fifties (1957 to be precise) when the Fiat Nuova 500 was brand new on the market, taking the place of the Fiat 500 AB from 1936 and C from 1949 also known as Topolino, turning those into old-school vintage editions.