Friday, September 7, 2012

SELF-REFLECTION


The human being; nature's creation of ultimate perfection.
On a physical level (cf the Vitruvian man by Leonardo da Vinci) and foremost on an intellectual level which is the main difference between the human and the animal.
While the animal will follow it's instincts, the human being will have to make a choice.

Physically and intellectually all the potential is given to the human to be perfect, at least initially! (in times of fast-food, TV and video games this potential is being highly downtrodden).

As previously mentioned the human being has to make choices; between good and bad, right and wrong. He has the ability to question his opportunities, his surrounding, his choices and himself. A.k.a. mortality and ethics.

If I would have started my post by saying "God's creation of ultimate perfection" I could now insist on the fact that physically, intellectually and morally all the potential is given to the human to be perfect.

Maybe I am an idealist with my principle of "always be your best self" but isn't it a little bit easy to always quote the ordinary "Nobody is perfect"? "I made a mistake, so what? they make you grow because you learn from them." (I totally agree on this and that's not what I am questioning here). It's about those moments where you have the choice between right or wrong, honesty or crookedness, the truth or a lie, treat people the way you want to be treated or not. Ok, I admit : I am an idealist an pretty naif.

If you tell the truth it becomes a part of your past. If you lie it becomes a part of your future.
Nobody said it would be easy. But at least you will be able to face it : the mirror with the reflection of your true self.