Sunday, May 20, 2012

SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT


"Save some face, you know you've only got one,
  change your ways while you're young"
SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT remains my favorite song from The Killers' debut album Hot Fuss closely followed by almost every song from their second album, which by the way is the only CD I own.
The person who introduced this band to me is the same who introduced the girl in the picture above to me, so the title is more than matching. Though, it took me months to find the perfect title which explains the belated posting of a picture out of the archives as it has been taken about a year ago.

In the picture : Mrs Smith ! who has been introduced to me during a warm summer night in 2006. Despite a memorable conversation during that night it took us two more holidays, two New Year's Eve partys, ... two entire years to become friends. So far I have taken many pictures of her but this one remains my favorite. Compared to all the set-up pictures this is a honest smile from a laughing out loud moment we have shared.

SMILING LIKE YOU MEAN IT or NOT! (because there are simply people you don't want to smile at!!!) is one of the big details we agree on, and an attitude which a society based on duplicity and hypocrisy does not always appreciate and much less understands.

Authenticity is having scarcity value nowadays.