Wednesday, May 16, 2012

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT


After my escape to Austria and home sweet home I did it again and left Paris for the weekend destination (you are not going to believe it ...) Geneva. I admit, leaving Paris over the weekend in order to avoid spending too much money on shopping by going to Geneva is far from being a logical solution. So in order to dodge further temptations I left my purse in Geneva and took my camera destination "la Venise des Alpes" aka Annecy located in France's Haute-Savoie.

When I lived in Geneva I never took the time to visit Annecy. Although my mother did insist a lot and frequently asked if I finally did go. Now, I'll finally can say : Been there, done that. And it was totally worth it. The ideal place to forget Paris, work, bank accounts and time. I was on holidays and would have loved to miss my train in the evening.
This lake is absolutely awesome and the city is lovely (not in my usual vocabulary but the most adapted to this place) with its medieval touch and the canals flowing through the old town.

Guess what! I was not the only one wandering around with a camera made in China. I was surrounded by half of China (...). Fully equipped for all weather conditions and with SD cards in troops the Chinese invaded this small town located in the middle of nowhere.

As if that weren't enough, I was the only European in the wagon N°15 of the TGV destination back to reality. Again I found myself encircled by them. I believe the trip to the lovely lake in the French Alps was included as a daily activity in some package they have booked in order to visit as many places as possible where they always take as many pictures as possible. Then I imagined them back home sharing all their pictures with their family and friends ...
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 - 11 am - 4pm  - very short trip to Mont Saint-Michel
Monday, May 14th, 2012 - 10 am - 4pm - very short trip to Annecy... but Been There, Done That, kind of.