Friday, April 13, 2012

UNFAITHFULLY YOURS


Maxime Willems
LIFE BEHIND MY LENS



Chapter 1



                                                                                             Six months, thirty-eight posts and five thousand visits later, I must admit that the worst has happened : I am out of pictures (...). Yes, I am in possession of about 10000 pictures only taken in 2011 but due to high expectations to myself and my pictures, only the very best make it to the blog. The perfect captures, those where everything everywhere went terribly right (!), but first and foremost those with a story behind my lens.

I confess that during the previous weeks I found myself a few times desperately digging in my archives in order to provide a new post but (due to an abnormal perfectionism) I promised to myself that all the pictures would always be posted in a chronological order and that I would never invent any superficial story just to share a post. So far I did stay true to myself which turned me into a pretty unfaithful blogger; as you can see this is my very first April Post and there isn't even a picture.

All the previous pictures were taken before the creation of this blog and before my arrival in Paris last autumn where I started a new chapter in the story of my life. In my defence, the busy new job, the cold winter days and the blogging activity kept me from taking new pictures. With the arrival of the sunny spring and city trips during the three following weekends I will follow my passion as is right and proper.

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."

Herewith I turn the page and my back to those archives and look forward to an exciting year in Paris with many moments to be captured and to be shared with you. Till then, I wish you a nice weekend.

Unfaithfully yours,

Maxime