Sunday, January 8, 2012

HAPPY ALONE


I do not really know where to start or what to write.
Maybe because there is nothing left to adjoin; the picture with it's title speak for themselves.

The image has been taken by the end of June 2011 in Paris at the famous Pont des Arts.
Double love : Paris, city of love & bridge of love as nowadays the bridge has become a hotspot for couples who attach a padlock to the railing and throw the key into the river below. An easy bait for me and my "beloved" camera.
In the picture above you can see my favourite locks. Initially I liked the two on the left, the creative idea of the owners of putting two instead of one with the inscription. The lonely one on the right looks pretty alone next to them. Well, he isn't! He at least is able to be "all one", free and independent (well besides the fact that he is attached to a bridge and his key one in a million underneath in the river).  No, I am not against love as you may believe after this few lines or like two men used to tell me "You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness.You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebodys gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself." but that's another story.

I still do believe in love and am not as cold as ice as it may seam at first sight. Everything this post is about is the fact of being able to be alone. A life lesson you'd better learn soon rather than later. It was my 2011 lesson. Today I am turning 26 and I think I have learned my lesson. I guess my mission for 2012 is to learn how to love and trust again and give up some of my holy freedom.