Wednesday, October 26, 2011

BLACK SWAN - LIVE A LITTLE

We all know the story. Virginal girl, pure and sweet, trapped in the body of a swan. She desires freedom but only true love can break the spell. Her wish is nearly granted in the form of a prince, but before he can declare his love her lustful twin, the black swan, tricks and seduces him. Devastated the white swan leaps of a cliff killing herself and, in death, finds freedom.


He: The truth is when I look at you all I see is the white swan. Yes you're beautiful, fearful, and fragile. Ideal casting. But the black swan? It's a hard fucking job to dance both.
In 4 years every time you dance I see you obsessed getting each and every move perfectly right but I never see you lose yourself. Ever! All that discipline for what? 
She: I just want to be perfect.
He: Perfection is not just about control. It's also about letting go. Surprise yourself so you can surprise the audience. Transcendence! Very few have it in them. I got a little homework assignment for you. Go home and touch yourself. Live a little.

The night before leaving to Paris I went to the movies with someone very close to me, we picked the "Black Swan". The following day, during my TGV trip, I received one message: "Enjoy your trip and don't forget to let your Black Swan out!" adumbrating that I am too much of a White Swan.

The only person standing in your way is you. Let yourself go...

I have taken this picture just a few hours after my arrival. It is my favorite black & white photo of that trip. I must admit, I felt pretty White Swan in my flat ballerina shoes when I took the picture of the French woman wearing those black high-heels.